Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Almost weekend.


Lovers.

Ok.  I feel as though I have so much to say.  In Australia we celebrate 'Australia Day' tomorrow.  For our Indigenous peoples however it's often also referred to as Invasion Day.  From a stereotypical viewpoint it's usually a day that is full of Aussie flags, beer, BBQs and listening to our national youth radio network, Triple J, count down its top 100 songs of the year.

And, to be clear, I'm not dissing those things, far from it.  I love many of the above things but for me, it's actually more exciting that it's just a simple public holiday!

In anticipation of the clear day I've driven out into the mountains near Melbourne to visit Little One + Jamie to stay the night and have lunch tomorrow. 

We've had champagne, beautiful baked potatoes, and, as I write, I'm sipping a G&T.  Tomorrow we'll be joined by some of my favourite people.  Thoughtful, big-hearted people with lots to say.  

So, it's a semi-weekend.  YAY!  And, I'm heading back to the farm on Friday night to see the folks, pick up some homemade preserves and rummage through a deserted house for my antiques shop.  Hurrah! 

Life is good, loves.  We just need a little reminding sometimes.  Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment