Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bondi.


I used to live here. Seriously. I used to live across the road from this majestic beach, known simply as Bondi.

Right now, down south in complex Melbourne, winter is creeping in a little more with each passing day. This morning Little One and I did our weekly swim and we had to drink our tea and eat our little brekkie snack in the car, for the skies were openly weeping on our regular spot in the park.

I love winter. Seriously. And summer, of course, but people are always dissing winter so I feel the need to say right now that I do, truly, love that crazy cat and all of the crazy shit she throws at us.

For me, there is nothing more peaceful than waking up to a mother storm belting down; hearing the rain incessantly begging at my bedroom window.

That said, for some reason she has been on my mind lately, that sneaky little Bondi. As beautiful in winter as she is in summer. Just with less people.

(pic by Eugene Tan, famed Bondi photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment