Friday, June 28, 2013

New Zealand.


I've been wanting to visit New Zealand for quite a while.  And I'm about to book a trip for later in the year.  I cannot believe I haven't visited before, it's actually utterly crazy.

Since I've had it on my 2013 list I've been fossicking about for tips and places to add to my 'to do' list.  I've discovered and have fallen so deeply in love with the work of Melbourne-based photographer Brooke Holm - you can see her NZ snaps in all of their glory here and here.

I've also been watching Jane Campion's Top of the Lake and looooooving it.  It's like a modern-day Twin Peaks; Elisabeth Moss is terrific.

I can't wait to pack a camper full of travelling goodies and hit those roads.  To the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. As a New Zealander, I can assure you that you will love it here. Are you going to the South Island or the North? The South is so very beautiful, and the North has much for a tourist to do. I know you will be warmly welcomed and have a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah I'm so excited! At this stage it'll only be for up to 2 weeks so definitely the South for its darn beauty but we may do a quick North in-and-out visit. Too much to see!! Any tips will be gratefully gobbled up :-)

      Delete